Monday, June 8, 2009

Produce Co-op

Tomorrow you can go to bountifulbaskets.org and sign up for a produce co-op. I've done it three times now and I love it! We get the freshest produce and my family is eating healthier too! The way it works is that the more people that do it, the lower the cost of buying in bulk. We get the produce before it hits the grocery stores. You pay a one time only membership donation of $3.00 and then it is just $15.00 and you get $50.00- $60.00 worth of produce. You bring a laundry basket and they give you two heaping smaller baskets to fill up your own basket with. There are tons of pick up places. The ones in Arizona are at the top of the list so scroll to the bottom and look for a location near you. And they are adding new ones all the time. Mine is at Kiwanis Park in Clearfield ( right behind America First on Main). My pickup time is at 7am on Saturday. It is done only every other week, so I don't have to get up early every Saturday, thank goodness! And you have to be on time. They are there only about twenty minutes. So if you miss it they will just donate it to the city fire department. Oh, and you only have a short window to sign up online. It starts Tuesday and ends Wenesday at 10pm.

2 comments:

  1. Hey! This is awesome, Amber. Good for you! Okay - so I just created an account with Bountiful Baskets, but now I'm confused as to what to do next. I checked out the "offerings," but only Arizona was listed. What's the next step?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay - I signed up for this Saturday 6/27 at WestPoint!

    ReplyDelete